Summer Wine Ninebark
Easily Maintains its Excellent Form
- SKU: 72822
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 5 - 6 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early to mid summer.
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Summer Wine Ninebark
- Botanical NamePhysocarpus opulifolius 'Seward' PP14821
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Height5 - 6 feet
- Spacing4 - 6 feet
- Spread4 - 6 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionpink
- Foliage TypeRoughly ovate, deeply lobed with 3 lobes per leaf. Dark purple leaves are arranged alternately on the stems.
- Bloom TimeEarly to mid summer.
- Flower FormSmall single flowers arranged in spherical corymbs.
- Soil RequirementsGrow in slightly acidic, fertile well drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate.
- PruningFlowers on previous year's growth. Prune to remove crossed branches or to tidy up the plants. After flowering or late winter to early spring when dormant.
- Winter CareVery hardy.
- Additional InformationLoaded with petite pink and white blooms each summer. Attractive planted next to yellow or chartruese plants or against a light background in a foundation planting.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsNot picky about planting site, but would have better color in full sun.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/4/18 - 11/02/18|
|7A-10B||9/4/18 - 11/16/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/29/2018
Zones 7-10: 11/12/2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.