Sunset Torch Lily
Received the RHS Award of Garden Merit
- SKU: 67781
- Zones: 6-9
- Height: 36 - 48 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Early summer to late Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Sunset Torch Lily
- Botanical NameKNIPHOFIA 'Sunset'
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height36 - 48 inches
- Spacing18 - 24 inches
- Spread12 - 24 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionred, orange, mixed
- Foliage TypeLong, narrow mid-green leaves.
- Bloom TimeEarly summer to late Fall
- Flower FormLong, stout flowering scapes
- Soil RequirementsMoist, well-drained soil that is enriched with humus.
- Growth RateSlow to moderate.
- PruningRemove spent flower spikes after flowering.
- Winter CareRecommended: Tie foliage together in the fall to prevent water from entering crowns of plants (wet winter plants may cause rotting). May cut foliage off at base as an alternative.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsAvoid windy areas and wet winter conditions that may cause the rhizomatous roots to rot. Do not plant crown of plants deeper than 3'' deep.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.