Tellers Blue Hydrangea
One of the Best Blue Hydrangeas!
- SKU: 73430
- Zones: 5-9
- Height: 36 - 60 inches
- Shade Requirement: Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: June to August
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Tellers Blue Hydrangea
- Botanical NameHydrangea macrophylla 'Tellers Blue'
- Ships As4" POT
- Height36 - 60 inches
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Light RequirementsPartial Shade
- Color Descriptionblue
- Foliage TypeMedium green ovate leaves 6-9" long.
- Bloom TimeJune to August
- Flower FormLarge, branched cluster.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained humus rich soil.
- Growth RateModerate to fast. Slower in the North regions.
- PruningLittle pruning needed. If pruning, do so immediately after flowering. Remove any winter damaged wood. Trim to shape.
- Winter CarePlant in a sheltered area in Northern zones and mulch well to reduce the loss of flower buds.
- Additional InformationThe soil pH will affect the color of the flowers (more blue in highly acidic soils and lilac to pink in slight acidic to alkaline soils). Adding lime to the soil will make the flowers appear more pink.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsMulch 3" year round to maintain soil moisture. Side dress 5-10-5 fertilizer in spring. Shredded peat, compost, or bark is best.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|