Tonto Hardy Crape Myrtle
A Gorgeous Landscape Plant
- SKU: 61530
- Zones: 6-10
- Height: 8 - 10 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun
- Bloom Time: Mid summer to late summer.
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Tonto Hardy Crape Myrtle
- Botanical NameLagerstroemia 'Tonto' (L. indica L. fauriei)
- Ships As2" POT
- Height8 - 10 feet
- Spread10 - 12 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun
- Color Descriptionred
- Foliage TypeElliptic-ovate, lustrous medium green. New growth has a bronzy-pink cast. Develop an attractive light maroon to bright red color in fall.
- Bloom TimeMid summer to late summer.
- Flower FormLarge decorative panicles of many small frilled flowers with crinkled petals. Extremely beautiful.
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, tolerant of heavy clay soils.
- Growth RateFast once established.
- PruningTo shape and for aesthetics. Also remove spent bloom panicles to encourage repeat blooming.
- Winter CareMulch in colder climates, remove in early spring before growth starts until plant is established.
- Additional InformationSmall plants will flower the first season, but heavy flowering does not occur until the second or third season. Exfoliating bark not evident until third or fourth season
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsAdaptable to many soils so long as they are well drained. Firm and water in well.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 14th
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.