Turtle Dove Columbine
Distinctive Blooms Lights Up a Border
- SKU: 66448
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 20 - 35 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Early spring through summer
For each offer ordered, get 2Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Turtle Dove Columbine
- Botanical NameAquilegia vulgaris
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height20 - 35 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionwhite
- Foliage TypeClumps of gray-green basal foliage with slender branching stems.
- Bloom TimeEarly spring through summer
- Flower FormPompon-like, white, double, spur-less flowers.
- Soil RequirementsGrow in fertile, preferably moist but well drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningCut back any foliage damaged or affected by fungal diseases. Allow some of the plants to go to seed and self sow.
- Additional InformationMay be prone to aphids, leaf miners, sawflies and caterpillars. May be affected by mildews.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant in spring spacing 1-2 feet apart. Work soil to loosen deep enough for 2-4'' of compost. Top of root ball should be level with soil surface. Water thoroughly.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 21st
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|