Turtle Dove Columbine
Distinctive Blooms Lights Up a Border
- SKU: 66448
- Zones: 3-8
- Height: 20 - 35 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Early spring through summer
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 2Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
Turtle Dove Columbine
- Botanical NameAquilegia vulgaris
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height20 - 35 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Spread12 - 18 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionwhite
- Foliage TypeClumps of gray-green basal foliage with slender branching stems.
- Bloom TimeEarly spring through summer
- Flower FormPompon-like, white, double, spur-less flowers.
- Soil RequirementsGrow in fertile, preferably moist but well drained soil.
- Growth RateModerate
- PruningCut back any foliage damaged or affected by fungal diseases. Allow some of the plants to go to seed and self sow.
- Additional InformationMay be prone to aphids, leaf miners, sawflies and caterpillars. May be affected by mildews.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant in spring spacing 1-2 feet apart. Work soil to loosen deep enough for 2-4'' of compost. Top of root ball should be level with soil surface. Water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2018 Spring Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-4B||5/7/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/8/18|
|6A||3/12/18 - 6/8/18|
|6B||3/5/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-7B||2/26/18 - 6/8/18|
|8A-8B||2/19/18 - 5/18/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/18/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 14th, 2018
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.