Upright Elephant Ear
Extraordinary Tropical—Grows Up to 9' Tall!
- SKU: 63012
- Zones: 3-10
- Height: 5 - 9 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Summer to fall
Packed 1 per offer
Upright Elephant Ear
- Botanical NameAlocasia odora
- Ships As7-9" BULB
- Lift In Fall3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Height5 - 9 feet
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Spread4 - 5 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Foliage TypeUpward-facing foliage. Very large rounded green leaves.
- Bloom TimeSummer to fall
- Flower FormNon-Flowering
- Soil RequirementsWell drained, humus enriched soil.
- Growth RateFast once established which takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Winter CareIn areas that go below 45 degrees F, rootstock should be dug up and over wintered in a frost free location. A deep mulch can extend the range where it can remain outside.
- Additional InformationAlocasia are heavy feeders, provide water soluble fertilizer every 2-3 weeks and water regularly. Lift tubers and over winter in a frost free area. Replant after last frost in spring.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant 6" deep
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A-10B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||June 3rd|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.