White Fringe Tree
Soft Panicles of Blooms!
- SKU: 69169
- Zones: 4-9
- Height: 12 - 20 feet
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Late spring / early summer.
Send me an email when this item is available
For each offer ordered, get 1Find Ship Dates for Your Zone »
White Fringe Tree
- Botanical NameChionanthus virginicus
- Ships As3" POT
- Height12 - 20 feet
- Spacing12 - 18 feet
- Spread12 - 20 feet
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionwhite
- Foliage TypeSimple, wide spear-shaped, 4 - 8" long and 2 - 4" wide. Medium to dark green foliage turns shades of yellow, brown, and green in fall.
- Bloom TimeLate spring / early summer.
- Flower FormNumerous ribbon-like petals 3/4" - 1 1/4" long form a large airy pendulous panicle.
- Soil RequirementsFor best performance plant in a deep, humus enriched, moisture retentive acid soil.
- Growth RateVery slow, 4" - 6" a year
- PruningPrune to shape and remove dead or broken limbs. Immediately after flowering
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter to keep soil moist, if fall planted. Remove in early spring before growth starts.
- Additional InformationFlowers produced on previous season's wood. Fruiting occurs on female plants only but the male trees are said to flower heavier. Most are propagated by seed so sex is unknown until later.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPrefers an open, airy location. Disturb roots as little as possible when planting. Dig a hole large enough to accommodate roots without bending them, firm soil well and water in thoroughly.
Orders for gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below:
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered separately are typically shipped within 5 business days.
**Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|6A & 6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/26/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date|| Zones 1-7: June 18th
Zones 8-10: May 21st
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.
Our regular shipping and handling charges are as follows:
|Up to $10.00||$8.95|
|$10.01 to $20.00||$9.95|
|$20.01 to $ 30.00||$10.95|
|$30.01 to $ 40.00||$12.95|
|$40.01 to $50.00||$14.95|