Graceful, Native Perennial
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 64551
- Zones: 3-9
- Height: 12 - 18 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid to late spring. May take a couple growing seasons to bloom.
- Ships As: NO. 1 BAREROOT
- Cannot ship to: AE AK GU HI PR
Packed 3 per offer
- Botanical NameTrillium grandiflorum
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height12 - 18 inches
- Spacing8 - 12 inches
- Spread8 - 12 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade
- Color Descriptionwhite
- Foliage TypeGreen, herbaceous, three lobes.
- Bloom TimeMid to late spring. May take a couple growing seasons to bloom.
- Flower FormPure white flowers often fading to pink, with green sepals.
- Soil RequirementsRich, well-drained soil.
- Growth RateSlow.
- PruningNone. Picking a trillium flower does not necessarily kill the plant but damage will result if the green leaves are taken as well. The green leaves are needed to provide nutrients for the plants to survive.
- Winter CareMulch in late fall for added winter protection.
- Additional InformationTrillium grandiflorum is the showiest of the trilliums. Each bloom starts out pure white then fades to a blush pink.This plant goes dormant with the heat of summer. A wonderful item for a traditional woodland garden or deeply shaded corner of a garden or landscape.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm soil, and water thoroughly.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.