Yellow Crown Imperials
Exotic-Looking and Bright-Colored!
We ship this item in Fall
- SKU: 86407
- Zones: 3-10
- Height: 24 - 36 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Mid to Late Spring
Packed 1 per offer
Yellow Crown Imperials
- Botanical NameFRITILLARIA IMPERIALIS 'MAXIMA LUTEA'
- Ships As20-22 CM
- Height24 - 36 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Sun, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptionyellow
- Foliage TypeLeaves at the base of the stem are either in whorls or alternate, upper part of stem is bare except for tuft at top above flowers.
- Bloom TimeMid to Late Spring
- Flower FormLarge bell-shaped flowers in clusters
- Soil RequirementsPrefers rich, well-draining neutral pH soil and a hot dry period over the summer.
- Growth RateMedium
- PruningNo pruning needed.
- Winter CareA bit more finicky than the average bulb, it Needs winter protection of 2 inches of mulch.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR VI
- Planting Instructions6" to 7" deep and 8" to 10" apart
- Deer Resistant
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
2019 Fall Shipping Schedule
Bulbs, Potted Plants and &
|1A-6B||9/9/19 - 11/1/19|
|7A-10B||9/9/19 - 11/15/19|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-6: 10/28/19
Zones 7-10: 11/11/19
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.