Low to Bright Indirect Light & Bi-Weekly Watering
We ship this item in Spring
- SKU: 68951
- Zones: 2-11
- Height: 24 - 60 inches
- Shade Requirement: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Bloom Time: Blooms are very rare and are not very impressive. It will flower in any level of light in mid/late summer and early fall.
Packed 1 per offer
- Botanical NameZamioculcas Zamiifolia
- Ships As4" POT
- Lift In Fall2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Height24 - 60 inches
- Spread12 - 24 inches
- Light RequirementsFull Shade, Partial Shade
- Color Descriptiongreen, white
- Foliage TypeMultiple long stalks of shiny green leaves that grow out of bulbous rhizomes.
- Bloom TimeBlooms are very rare and are not very impressive. It will flower in any level of light in mid/late summer and early fall.
- Flower FormThe flower is shaped like a peace lily; it has one petal that encompasses the flower with one stalk in the center.
- Soil RequirementsThanks to the ZZ plant's rhizomes which store water, it can stand dry soil for a long time. Do not oversaturate the plant with water.
- Growth RateSlow
- PruningPrune away any yellowing or dead leaves and stems as they appear. The flower can be pruned away with no harm to the plant. If the plant needs to be cut all the way back, it will regrow over time.
- Winter CareWater the ZZ plant less frequently during the winter months.
- Additional InformationMildly toxic to pets and humans. Wash hands after handling the leaves to prevent potential irritation.
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Planting InstructionsPlant the ZZ plant in a new pot at the same soil level when the roots fill out the old pot.
Plants, fertilizer and other supplies* will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping timeframes outlined below.
|1A-6B||4/29/19 - 6/7/19|
|7A-10B||4/1/19 - 6/7/19|
|Last Order Date||June 3rd|
*Fertilizer and other supplies ordered apart from plant orders are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Based on the contents of your order, we always strive to ship the order complete and as early as possible. However, sometimes this may result in a delay of some items that are ready before others. Our customers have suggested that they would rather wait to receive their order as complete as possible. If you would like to receive part of your order ahead of time, please reach out to our customer service department and we can accommodate. Orders with large items may be shipped in more than one package. There is no extra charge if your order requires more than one package.
Bareroot perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until fully dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and provides your new plant with the best opportunity for success in your garden.
Trees and other oversize items cannot be shipped to PO boxes.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate. You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate and tracking information.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.